Thursday, March 5, 2009

Propaganda Turkey and The Last Charge of the Carboard Brigade






He liked it!

So, I bit the bullet and went for it...I did PROPAGANDA TURKEY. :p
Just got out of Jon's class today and the critique went very well. There were some really neat pieces on the wall today, and we had a pleasant day of critiquing among friends.

Among today's pieces was Lia Marcoux's cover here, and Fabiola Garza's here, go check em out!

Also, my friend Jen Hom just finished a piece she's been laboring over for WEEKS and it's finally up online. Throw some love this way.

Other news: I'm CRAZY busy with work. The MIT Internship is going very well (though I'm really swamped with work...we're going to have fun with this one, I'm sure! It'll be a long weekend of game art and comics.

I've gotten my two-pager for Dark Horse approved...so I'll be developing that (expect to eventually see it online with Dark Horse in the coming months). I'm really excited about that one!

Tonight, I am going to see my little sister in a production she's performing in at Wheaton College...I'm excited!
Otherwise I am keeping sane as much as possible despite being frequently assailed by madness at every turn.
I am insistent that this semester will not break me...but it will be a squeeze, for sure!
If I graduate peacefully it will be but for the grace of God. :) (But he's good at that sort of thing)

Other news: This week was my third and final THUNDERDOME here at RISD (an event I helped conceive of a few years ago where students with angst and delusions of grandeur craft cardboard and duct-tape armor and then meet on Nickerson Green to beat the crap out of eachother with foam pool noodles.) It was AWESOME. It has solidified the notion in my mind: I will miss RISD very dearly when I leave this place...
For anyone reading who was there, thanks for making it a blast!








Next week for Cover-to-cover: Moby Dick!

:D :D :D

God bless and thanks for reading!
-Nick

4 comments:

Erin said...

We do cardboard wars at my college, too!

conrad roset said...

uoou!!you are the best!

Emerson Tung said...

lol you went with the turkey! awesome!

the thunderdome thing looks awesome man.. i wish my school had something like this....

Gabi d.r.d. said...

your projects all look so fun.

i envy you. hahahaha. our college just began putting up the animation course here in the Philippines and well..being the first batch, we're practically guinea pigs...somehow things arent turning out so great. if only it's as fun as your classes *sigh*

the cardboard wars are cool XD