Thursday, July 17, 2008

And still MORE smudgy little paintings...






I'm here in Vienna, preparing to say goodbye in the next week and head back to the states. In the meantime I'm working on some comissioned work that I'd REALLY like to post, but can't quite yet :/ You'll just have to wait and see the bulk of what I've been up to! But, in its stead I have here for you more mega-quick digital color studies. The first three are just free-form color ideas, while the final two were painted from my balcony in Vienna a few nights ago...I've always wanted to paint the night sky and dim lamps tucked into inky silhouttes, so I figured I'd bookmark the idea for later and do these little things to remind me of what it looks like. I'll see some of you soon (presuming anybody actually reads this blog *waves to imaginary people*)

Enjoy!

-Nick

8 comments:

baby sister said...

see you in August...around the 8th or 9th - if you will still be with the DeYonker family at that time.

-fabi- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-fabi- said...

These are lovely! The first ones are my favorite because I'm partial to the whimsical shapes. You should do a finished version of your favorite.

And your deleted comment was this exact same comment only I accidentally deleted it.

Adam said...

Dude, I want to go to #3 SO BAD

Agnes Salek said...

wow! I didn't realize you had a blog! Now i can watch you both on DA and here :D Homarusrex goodies x 2, perfect :D

Angie said...

Gosh, your little digital paintings are always so gorgeous~
And uh... welcome home! Once you are c:

ninjabird said...

I love painting dark scenes and night sky, but I'm having a real problem with black levels between monitors. LCD's and I are best buds, and then I see what I thought was subtle lighting has become a black rectangle on the CRTs at school. Any thoughts on the problem of darkness and digital?

Nick Jainschigg said...

Awesome stuff, Nick! Since you didn't TELL me you had a blog, I had to find out about it from the daughter of a friend who saw your stuff on deviantArt and loved it....